Our students frequently travel to Russia, Eastern and Central Europe, the Caucasus and Central Asia, to pursue language study or independent research over the summer. Graduate students additionally participate in professional conferences within and beyond the United States. The annual Continued Funding Application and Progress Report is the medium through which students request additional funds. While the Department makes every effort to support students’ travel and research needs, students are encouraged to first consult the following websites for funding purposes:

Graduate Division:
Graduate Assembly:

Students may also apply for Fulbright, IREX or ACLS grants in order to pursue longer research projects during the academic year.